Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day!

Hello! Happy Labor Day! The weekend is almost over but I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend. :) Today I made a list of things to do on a pretty pad of pink paper.. Unfortunately not a lot of my "to do's" got done. Luckily, I don't have any classes tomorrow and can do those errands! The reason why I didn't get anything done was because by the time I got home from the gym and got ready my mom wanted to go to the grocery store and I couldn't let her go alone! The reason being I might not get the things I want! So by the time we went to the farmers market and got all our fresh produce and went to the grocery store it was already time to make dinner! I wanted to share what we made..

So first off I made this recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/thai_chicken_satay_with_spicy_peanut_sauce.html

It was very tasty! It wasn't one of my favorites but I do enjoy peanut sauce! I think the best I have had was at wings your way! Delicious.

Then I did a kind of combination of two other recipes..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/black-bean-corn-and-tomato-salad-recipe/index.html

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/dinner/zesty-chicken-with-corn-salsa.aspx

What I did was cut up:
Half a Pepper.
Half of a Red Onion
1 stalk of Celery
1 Large tomato

I combined all of those ingredients with 3 ears of corn off the cobb and 1 can of red kidney beans. I threw all of that into a frying pan with 1 and 1/4 of spiced paprika and 1 tablespoon of oil. I cooked it for about ten minutes on medium heat stirring every so often! Sometimes that best way to cook is playing it by ear and coming up with your own recipes because to be honest I couldn't decide which one to make... so I did a little bit of both! :)

I wasn't sure what I wanted my second post to be about but I think it turned out to be perfect! Now you know a little bit about what I like to do! :) I hope you all have a great rest of the night. My Monday night show "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" is on tonight and it is unfortunately the season finale... Comment if you watch it=and tell me what you think may happen tonight!

:]

Laaauren3

No comments:

Post a Comment